Betta leaf use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
When I set up the betta tank I also bought a betta leaf (fake large green leaf which sticks to side of tank near surface).

I wondering if anyone has bettas that actually do use theirs? I've never seen this one use it and am considering removing it. I'd say it's about an inch and a half below the water surface.

Mine uses it. I put one of those floating logs around it: the leaf holds the log in place, and then when the betta sits inside it, he is resting on the soft leaf, rather than the rough log. He doesn't use it a lot, but I find him sitting in there sometimes. When it was just the leaf (without the log), he didn't really use the leaf.

I have never seen mine use. It, been several months now. It's good in theory I guess. Money's not in the way so I leave .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have an anubias that my betta loves sitting on and it's leaves are almost like the betta leaf. I have java moss around mine, maybe try putting some vegetation near it

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a funny thing , some love it some neglect it like I have three that pretty much lay around on them all day and then I have one that I have never seen use it hahah long story short if he doesn't like it don't use it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe the current is too much although only small hob. Maybe putting it in the corner might work? He could lean against the tank wall - if any do that??

Mine uses his occasionally. I watched him to see what spot of the tank he liked to hangout in. I put it there like am inch and a half below the surface. I would put it where the tank has the least amount of flow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have some floating live plants in with my betta and he loves to lie on them.

Back
Top Bottom