betta looks healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey...im new to bettas. He looks healthy to me, but i wanted to get your opinions. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• P1010430.JPG
    P1010430.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 95
From what I can see, he looks healthy. His belly may be a bit too full, though. They're stomach is about the size of their eye. How much and what do you feed?

i feed him 2 betta pellits a day....although i noticed he occasionally snacks on the neon tetras flake food i feed them as well.

He's either a veil tail with fin rot, or a very pretty looking crown tail lol. I'm no betta expert though... That's just what my veil tail looks like right now. (abused cup betta) pristine water and a bit of melafix aughta heal him right up!

Yeah. It's not too rounded, just a little more than it should be. Don't worry about it. The pellets are good. What brand, though?

Flakes will have more potential to block up a Betta, and bloat it, but there's not much you can do in this situation.

do you really think his fins are rotting? i sure hope not, i can take more pictures if that helps. I don'y want to use medicine unless i absolutely know he is sick.

That should be good. Just fast once a week, and feed frozen (not freeze dried) bloodworms twice a week. All your fish should follow this schedule, and they'll all love the blood worms.

I'm pretty sure NLS(new life spectrum) has a Betta food. I don't have it, but people say it brings out colors on the fish you didn't even know they had.

patola_l said:
do you really think his fins are rotting? i sure hope not, i can take more pictures if that helps. I don'y want to use medicine unless i absolutely know he is sick.

Definitely post some more pictures. Does he have any brown stuff around his fins?

Bettababe1011 said:
I'm pretty sure NLS(new life spectrum) has a Betta food. I don't have it, but people say it brings out colors on the fish you didn't even know they had.

I agree. Or just get the community blend, and switch everybody over.

from what i can see, there are no brown parts on his tail, one spot looks suspicious, but when i look closely i think its just a blue colouring. Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• P1010436.JPG
    P1010436.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010444.JPG
    P1010444.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010442.JPG
    P1010442.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010443.JPG
    P1010443.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 59
id be willing to buy online. I live in Canada, is there any good online spots to order it?

I don't think your betta has fin rot. It looks pretty good to me. =]

thanks so much! i don't think he does either, im just new to bettas so im not positive

You're welcome! For his continual health though, has your tank been cycled?

Back
Top Bottom