Betta Mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have mine in with cories and a bunch of snails. I also have ghost shrimp in there and he does fine with them!! I would just watch putting something that will be swimming around him often. That's why I like the cories bc they are primarily on the bottom. Sometime my guy swims(schools;)) with them. He has never tried anything "fishy";) he did take out a ghost shrimp at first but after that one time he never bothered them... Good luck and let us know what you get:)

Thanks so much! I definitely will!

A school of ember tetras, neon tetras, chilli rasboras, harlequin rasboras, male endlers or one of the small cory varieties would work IMO. You could try shrimp if there is enough cover. Snails also make great betta tank mates. I had 14 Bettas at one stage (lost 5 to a stupid stupid mistake) and all but 3 shared their tanks with tank mates. The three without tank mates shared a tank with dividers and I still didn't have an issue. You might get a really nasty betta occasionally but IME the majority put up or even enjoy (suitable) tank mates.

I figure that even if Pigg doesn't like his tank mate too much, the tank is so large compared to him that he would still be cool with it. Thanks a bunch!

My son has Pygmy Cories with his Betta in that size tank. They're all happy campers.

I have a 5 gal with a betta and six Kellifish in it and again, everyone is happy.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into the Kellifish for sure!

Just remember Betta's like to hang out near the top of their tanks and must be able to reach the surface for air.

They can definitely hide in there! Nice tank btw

Thanks! The photo sucks, as the lighting is awful, but this is the only pic of the tank I have. I need to fix some fake plants, but I think otherwise it's okay XD

Just remember Betta's like to hang out near the top of their tanks and must be able to reach the surface for air.

Yeah, those plants are too tall... I'm cutting them ASAP, although I made sure there's a large space at the back where he can get air.

My reddish(kids named him bc he's red:/) has a betta log that he goes to when he wants away from everyone. He sleeps there a lot too. It had a hole at the top for air and it floats:) might be something to think about too

Back
Top Bottom