Betta missing part of her tail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed a chunk of my bettas tail is missing! She seems fine, and ate this morning. She just has a little trouble swimming. Will she be okay? Maybe it will grow back? I have two other female bettas with her, could one of them snapped at it? Other then that there are only tetras, cory cats, and dwarf frogs. Please help! Thank you ( picture included.. Top right half missing )

Attachments

• image-2117987708.jpg
    image-2117987708.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 52
Yeah she'll be fine and it should grow back as long as she isn't fighting with, or being picked on by other fish in the tank. If everything along those lines is okay, her fin will grow back :)

Keep the water very clean as this will encourage new growth and keep any fungus problems at bay. If you keep seeing fin damage on her or the others your going to have to figure out who the aggressor is.

Keep the water very clean as this will encourage new growth and keep any fungus problems at bay. If you keep seeing fin damage on her or the others your going to have to figure out who the aggressor is.

Will the aggressor eventually stop if it is one of the other females bettas? I'm almost 99% sure I know it's another female betta. She sorta acts like the dominant of the three. Will she ever stop "terrorizing" them?

Probably not. The one thing you can try is remove the aggressor, completely rearrange the tank being sure to use plants that will block the line of sight giving the others somewhere to get out of the aggressors sight. Then add the aggressor back in. What this does is sometimes tricks the fish into thinking it's in a new tank that it has no territory making it much less aggressive. If this doesn't work then the best thing to do would be to remove her.

Back
Top Bottom