Betta Obsession....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aragato said:
I really want a halfmoon but cant afford one.

I too would like to mail order some bettas; does anyone have experience doing this? Is one day shipping the only way to go or to get the price down what about 2 - 4 days?

Right now bettas are just pets for us, but a breeding pair would be nice to try out... :)

I just got my first Betta... she was all alone at Walmart (1st time I've bought a fish through them) and I couldn't resist. She'll be going into the QT tank within the next 30 minutes. Poor gal is a little thin, but has beautiful markings... she has a silvery tummy/chin, with deep red fins (and light green accents) with a faint turquious/blue wash on her body and two dark strips down her side. I haven't seen any bettas with strips, so I hope there is nothing wrong with her. Maybe her color will change when she gets settled in... she is probably still pretty stressed, though she seems very active in her cup (especially for being there for 2 weeks, I think).

Any ideas on a name? To me she seems like a real girlie girl, so something pretty would fit her well :D

Wow, over 100! Do you breed them?

My next venture is to use my empty 2.5 gal and try to spawn one of my favorite colored males with a female of contrasting color. My newest addition is a bright yellow male with clear fins. Yellows aren't that common!

Okay, I guess my reply was a little late... didn't see there are a few pages here! Last time I checked no one posted in here!

That's a beautifully colored betta, Oscarbreeder!

Rubysoho- My fiancee's steel blue betta has horizontal stripes down his sides, too- I thought they might fade, but they haven't! There was also a betta in the store at one point that I thought about buying; he had speckles on his fins. Haven't seen another since someone bought him.

Get this! the yellow betta I found in the very back of the betta shelf at *gasp* WALMART! I had to have it. It was the first I'd seen. And if anything, it had to be saved from ceratin death. There were two more cups with yellows in them and they were DEAD. Look in my gallery at the yellow betta. I'm thinking of naming him Peaches, even thought it's a girly name. He looks like a little yellow cling peach.

wow, those pics are awesome... wish i had a digi camera so i could show you my new little girl... the first thing she did when i introduced her to the QT tank was nip a snail off the glass. maybe i have a new way of exterminating my snail problem. Anyway, the strips haven't faded but her red has become more pronounced on her fins, i think she is happy in her new home (then again, compared to a cup....anything probably feels better). No idea on her name yet... but she is very graceful with her movements.

I have a Veil Tail male. He's Black on the head and has a blue body with green tail. I also have a pink female with cellophane (transparent) fins. She's a beaut. :D I'm planning on mating them soon. With one failed attemt, I'm not gonna give up!

I though about breeding bettas, but then after reading about them and realizing that they can have sooooo many babies (and all the little boys will eventually need to be seperated) I changed my mind. Not enough space for that many fish... maybe one day though :)

Back
Top Bottom