Betta problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
About a week ago I took in a betta for a friend that didn't want him and at first it was fine he swam around often and hung around the plants. The other day I noticed him laying in his side at the bottom of the tank so I checked to see if it was alright. I got my net to catch him and he darted off and swam like normal. I asked my friend if he's ever done that before and he said it has often. I moved him from my 20g to a 2.5g by himself so he could get some food and see if he does any better. He swims a little but moves slow almost like he's struggling. He's eating a little bit but not much. The water if fine and I added some stress coat to try to help him adjust but he's not getting any better. Any advice?

Keep calm and drum on

The little guy passed last Friday so I posted a message on a board at work listing all his previous owners informing them on what happened. We even made him a little grave outside our front door at our office and people are leaving him flowers. It's nice to see he was more than just a fish to people

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom