Betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is concerning my newly aquired betta. I have him in a 5 gallon with filter and heater. I've only had him since yesterday, but the poor thing is flaring constantly in this tank. It has to be extremely stressful for him because he can see his reflection on the back and sides of the tank. Will he ever chill out a little? I know the relocation can be stessful enough, he won't even eat. I bought pellets, so it could be that he's use to flakes, Idk.

Poor little guy. :( Maybe he's stunned to have all that room after being in a little cup (if you got him from a common LFS that sells them that way). ;)

he prob sees his reflection which is caused by lights in tank brighter than lights outside....i usually just turn off my fish tank lights if my fella is going nuts :) hope this helped

This little one is truly a fighter. He is still constantly flaring at his reflection. It is worse when the tank light is on, but I definately want the light on when I get home. I don't know if I should just let him exhaust himself and hopefully tire of it, or never turn the light on:(

Hm, mayb hes just fiesty, mine is like that too

Here he is...maybe he'll calm down enough to eat supper:nono:

Attachments

• newbetta 008.jpg
    newbetta 008.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 73
Maybe you can find a way to hide his reflection? Cover the sides of the glass with some hanging plants, a moss wall, or a background?

Maybe you can find a way to hide his reflection? Cover the sides of the glass with some hanging plants, a moss wall, or a background?

looks like they have a background, in the picture it looks black?

It's black, what you see are plants. He is starting to calm down a little and explore the tank. He actually ate.

I hope he learns to chill a little. He is truly beautiful. I am hoping to get a Betta in the future for my 10 gal with ADFs but I am worried he might be a bully. What was your little guy like in the store.

well, since he was in a small cup I didn't have the privilage of observing his personality before I purchased him. I just picked him out quickly. I already had a home waiting for him, I just wasn't sure which tiny cup to choose.

I'm going to check out some new plants this weekend, hopefully I can find something to block his reflection.

He'll chill out soon. My betta's tank actually has a mirror as the back 'wall' of the tank. He went crazy at it for the first week or so then calmed right down. He only does it first thing in the morning when I turn the lights on now.

Back
Top Bottom