Betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 15 gal tank with 2 fake plants and a "holey rock" and I'd like to put a betta in there. Are there any other fish that I would be able to put in the tank with him?

Bettas are very hit-and-miss in community tanks. However you could look into small corys like panda corys or pygmy corys, also check out otocinclus.

Bettas are very hit-and-miss in community tanks. However you could look into small corys like panda corys or pygmy corys, also check out otocinclus.

Yeah I was for sure going to put 2 or 3 cories in there. Do you think I could maybe put some smaller fish in with the betta and cories?

You could try neons or harlequin rasboras but just make sure you have a back up plan for the betta if he becomes too aggressive.

You can put tetras in there. Try to avoid diamond tetras because bettas do not like them much. You can out neon tetras with them, golden tetras, blood fin tetras (I think that is what they are called.) Just about any tetra is fine but not diamond ones. :)

You could try neons or harlequin rasboras but just make sure you have a back up plan for the betta if he becomes too aggressive.

Betas are really that aggressive? Almost no other fish can be with one?

You can put tetras in there. Try to avoid diamond tetras because bettas do not like them much. You can out neon tetras with them, golden tetras, blood fin tetras (I think that is what they are called.) Just about any tetra is fine but not diamond ones. :)

I have 9 tetras in my 55 gal, black skirt, lemon, and hi 511 do you think I could transfer all of them over or is that to much?

Betas are really that aggressive? Almost no other fish can be with one?

As mentioned by bud they are extremely hit or miss, just depends on the individual betta. As far as your tetras go I'd prob leave them in the 55. For a 15 gal I'd aim for one school of smaller and less active schoolers, but just my opinion.

I find that a betta and corys are a perfect match. I have 4 panda corys in with my betta and they are friends, he even follows them around :) I would agree with leaving the tetras out, a betta's fins are too fragile to be put with them.

Ok ill just go with 3 corries and a betta. Thank you all for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom