Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a duel betta tank, the one with the divider in the middle, it came with some dull brown pebbles, I didn't liek them so I used some bright multi colored ones. Is that ok or should I at the next tank change put some "bland ones" in the tank?

Yes, you should be fine as long as the gravel you replaced it with isn't jagged, sharp or pointy (hmm...doesn't jagged mean sharp and pointy? lol). Bettas sometimes like to rest on the bottom.

They do fine with regular aquarium gravel. Just keep an eye on the fins. Bettas can rip those on anything. There is a product called bettafix that will help them repair the fins.

Otherwise there is always marbles or those glass polished stones they sell that would be great for the bottom.

You should also add a little plant, either fake or real. For real I suggest java fern as it is easy to grow. For fake always use silk plants as the plastic ones will definatly rip those fins up. Bettas love to have a plant to rest on and hide behind.

Had a fake one in there but the stupid thing won't stay on the bottom. I think I'm gonna get a divider for my 10 gal and put them in there and get a couple of reg. plants for them to play with. :lol:

That is a much better idea. I would put the plants along the divider so they don't have to constantly stare at each other but will come across each other every so often.

Back
Top Bottom