betta questions......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bettababe1011 said:
Thanks for recommending me. As others have said, a ten is best. And bettas can be kept with many kinds of fish. There have even been people who had luck with guppies, but only because the Betta was already used to them. I definitely wouldn't recommend it, though. There are too many what-ifs.

A good guideline is that fish with flowing tails, or fish that are notorious for being very nippy, are not a good match for bettas. If you have any other questions at all, feel free to ask.

Also, be sure to include pictures!

You're welcome :) btw, I'm attempting to start a nano reef. Aren't you doing the same?

Well after visiting 4 different lfs today we have her all set up.....for now that is. We have everything put together and I would take a picture now and post it but we have one of the dirty filters from our 30 gallon plopped in the middle of her tank to help with the cycle and its not so pretty. Just thought I would stop by and update real quick now I am off to figure the dose of ammonia to add to get things rolling!

You may find a significant dose of ammonia will throw off the cycle.. I might avoid it

I am dosing the ammonia to 4ppm just had to figure out how much to put in per gallon. I am following the tried and true method by Eco (the almost omplete guide to fishless cycling). Here is a pic just ignore the yucky looking filter in back.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110430_200503.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110430_200503.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 55
shammond15731 said:
I am dosing the ammonia to 4ppm just had to figure out how much to put in per gallon. I am following the tried and true method by Eco (the almost omplete guide to fishless cycling). Here is a pic just ignore the yucky looking filter in back.

Not bad for the first try I'd say

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110430_203543.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110430_203543.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 49
Ok I cut the old filter to fit in next to the new one so here is a better pic of the tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110430_203831.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110430_203831.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom