Betta Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's the rarest type of Betta? I've read some sites about Rosetail's, Spadetail's, Feathertail's, SuperDelta's, and others. I don't live in a huge town, but we have a Petco, Petsmart, LFS's, and I'm close to Dallas and Austin. I go into all 3 stores regularly and have never seen these types of breeds in any of our local stores.

How rare are some of these to find and would bigger city stores have them?

What's the price on some? I've seen that some of these can get over $100. I do have an established female sorority and an extra tank, so I could breed in the future.

Can you only find these types from breeders?

Last edited:
None of those ring any bells here but I'm not sure if there are any serious breeders around for betta's locally.

I don't think my lfs (s) sell like high end bettas. All the ones I have seen are mostly like the generic blue or red ones in the little cups

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I retract what I said about petco not having them. I have never seen them but I went recently and they had a king betta (which is scary big) and elephant ear bettas. I got a paradise male betta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom