Betta Sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

violetthunder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my Betta, Hoppus, for less than a week. For the past two days he's been lying around the bottom of the tank or on some of the silk plants I have in the tank. He also appears to have a few white spots on his head. What is this and how should I treat it?

Every time my bettas are sick, I water change every day no matter the illness the second they get lethargic

White spots typically sound like ich, there are medications out there but in my personal experience, I just turn the temp up a few degrees and do daily 90% water changes

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've done a water change, raised the temperature to 85 degrees and he just keeps getting worse. I've added aquarium salt as well. He now has some fin rot and his tail fins are starting to lose their color. What do I do?? I've only had him for a week!

If you have an ammonia, nitrite abs nitrate test kit, check your water parameters.
Can you post a photo on here of your fish?

Other than that just change the water every day with as little stress induced on the fish as possible
Good luck, I hope your little guy makes it

Ammonia levels are 0 ppm. I do not have a nitrate test at the moment but last time i checked (probably two weeks ago) they were fine. pH is at 7.0. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466998053.233012.jpg

It does look like ich, just make sure the water is clean, Iv personally never lost a betta to ich as its fairly easy to treat but IV heard of people who have.
Really make sure that water is cleaned and he should be good

How much water should I change? And what about the fin rot? Here's a better picture of his fins. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466998340.954023.jpg

Looks more clamped than rotting to me, personally I do 90% changes just to be sure

Thanks for all the help but Hoppus didn't make it through the night. I really do appreciate all your advice, I just wasn't fast enough

Back
Top Bottom