betta species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigmac1878

Aquarium Advice Activist
can anyone point me in the direction of a decent website so i can identify what species my betta is? i've attached (i think) a pic of him.

thanks

That is a vail tail betta splender. It's alarge bodyed male. Most large bodyed males are from Myanmar

justonemore20 thanks for the link. i didn't know there where that many species.

weasel F. thanks for the classification. just a little off topic, but was myanmar formally known as burma? or was it the other way around? just trying to brush up on my geopgraphy/politics in my spare time.

also, the shop where i bought my fish from, and most that i visit label this fish as siamese fighting fish. not too sure if that has any relevance on anything but i thought i'd mention it.

thanks.

Yes it was burna before myanmar. The betta is also know as the fighting fish, B.splender,siamese fighting fish. There is so many differnt spice of betta.
I myself have
10 x vail tail
7 x crown tails
4 x double tails
3 x double tail crowns
2 x Half moons daltas
2 x Half mon palkat
working on getting a couple of Half moon dragons. Those are my dream bettas there. LOL I have 200+ crown tail fry and 300+ double tail fry hatched around 5 pm central time today. So there is so many differnt spices of bettas that it's hard to keep track off. All of them came from the frist bettas to be shipped to the USA and Asia breders.
Like me i'm breding a what I call a super vail tail. His fin are right at 4in long now and he is the 4th genaration in the line of trying to get him. In order to get the full lenght i want it will take another 2 to 3 genartions to get the full 5in lenght I'm looking for.

that's a lot of bettas mate. i have 1 and he likes a lot of attention. do you breed as a hobby or as a profession? are all that you listed just the males or both sexes?

I started out as a hobbie breder. Then it quickly jump into a qwest to get a long fin vil. then a black vail. So i line bred to get what I wanted. Then i found more store wanted bettas then I ever thought so Now I stock 5 store in my area with vails and crown tails. Hopfully really soon Half moons. The list is just the male of that spices. I have about 5 feamles of differnt colors for ech of the males in each spice, This is to uinsure I can get a color or a fin I want.

spot on mate. good luck with you 5" super veil tail. thanks for you help.

Back
Top Bottom