Betta swimming with one fin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyDanza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my king male betta is swimming with only one fin.. just started this morning. Not exactly sure what is going on he had a total of three spots on him which i thought was ick but after extensive research im almost positive its not. He is sharing a 36 gallon tank with a divider so he has his own space and none of the other fish have those spots.. nevertheless the spots are almost gone on him but now he isnt using his right pectoral fin. any info would help please. I'd post a picture but it wouldnt do much as it doesnt show anything. Thanks in advance.

Went and saw a guy at the store and he said to separate him and put him in his own tank and to use BettaFix and see how he reacts. He said it was most likely a bacteria or parasite infection and the BettaFix would clear it up. just started it today and will keep checking back in here in case this would ever help anyone else.

Will do. Sorry for a novice question but how do I tag someone in a post so they know I wrote something directed to them. For instance keeping you up to date? Also Stinky (my Betta) seems to be fine at the moment and more active than earlier. Fin is moving a little for now.

If you wanna quote what someone said in a post, you click quote and what they said will appear in your post so they know it's for them.

That's great to hear about your Betta!

My betta is now much better! The BettaFix definitely worked of curing him of whatever he had, no clue to how he got it but all is well. His appetite seemed stunted for the first couple of days but it went away. I just even watched him catch a bug that flew above his tank haha!

Back
Top Bottom