Betta tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you asking if a betta could survive in a small tank like this?

How many litres/gallons is tank? I cant tell from pic.

If it's larger than 3 gallons, and as long as you have a good filter and heater, and water is always kept up to scratch. Then yes.

Bettas would feel more comfortable and happy with 4 to 5 gallon minimum tank size though.

It's a 2.5 y parents Bettas always died in larger tanks so I have 5 In one gallon tanks no filter oldest is about two years or more old others are over a year old my room is very warm even in winter and I change water when it gets a bit like every 2-4 weeks

My parents tried Betta in 2.5 before it had no luck with it an they've tried one in 29 gal tank with other ish and tried with 55 gal tank no luck but ones in 3 gal or less have done well

well your parents had bad luck. honestly, its a miracle your bettas are living in a one gallon without filter, and such little water changes

I also have stem and 29 gal I may try a Betta in 10 gal though I know if I do it would eat any guppy fry cuz I know mine will eat them I tested it one day

How often should I do water change one one gal tank for Betta

Every couple days. I have a betta in a 1.5 and I change his water every other day, 100% change every time. I just scoop him out, dump the tank, refill, dechlorinate, and put him back in after he is floated to readjust to the temp.

Also, your parents just had bad luck or something else was wrong with those bettas. I have most of mine in 5-10 gallons and they do wonderfully.

K well I have guppies in a 10 gal cuz they r new then I will put them I 29 gal and just have feeder guppies they r plain looking in 10 gal then I will or a Betta with them ... I just put a Betta I my 2.5 it's a dragonscale with my snail . I did full water change on my tanks just now and am waiting for them to get room temp

Do u think a half moon , regular , or crown tail would be better with the not fancy guppys ? The half moon seems calm and so does my regular I put the all by each other while changing water and reg and half moon did not flare but my crown tails did

Should I put a fake plant with my dragonscale in 2.5 or just leave it plane I only have plastic ... And I don't think I can do live plants with led light

Can Betta live In 29 gal I wanted to try my reg in ot or half moon would the guppys nip at them ?

I let those know who I have or sold my other 5 Betta to cuz ten was to many to care for about wht u have said

Can Betta live In 29 gal I wanted to try my reg in ot or half moon would the guppys nip at them ?

A 29 is fine for a betta but not all bettas will tolerate guppies as tankmates. If the guppies are bright colored or have long flowy fins the betta may see them as looking too much like another betta and might attack them. A calm betta should do fine. Just make sure there isn't too much flow from the filter as bettas aren't the best swimmers.

okay i will give it a shot and watch for while a
and see what happens i think i will try reg betta it seems calmest

reg tried to eat the fry ,,, i tried halfmoon it strugled alot with swimming so i put it in 2.5 and put dragon scale in 29 and im gonna watch for an hour

well after watching the halfmooon could not handle 2.5 either and was breathing kinda hard when i took it out and put it back in reg bowl so for now all i have is the dragon scale back in with the snail cuz it would go after guppies some then give up easy and hide and i dont want to risk it killing a fry. it seems to love the 2.5 and swims around alot . maybe i could get a divider and try again with halfmoon on side of ten gal opposite of where filter is once the qauranteen is done... i will prob try change guppy water once or twice a week in 1 gal bowls

Back
Top Bottom