Betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NaKay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have a 2.5 gallon tank with a Betta. It has a heater and a filter. I added an air diffuser because I noticed my filter producing a weird amount of bubbles that would cover the top of the water. the diffuser seems to help keep the bubbles contained in one spot.

I've read that some ppl don't recommend this but my Betta seems to not mind. He swims right up and around the bubbles...

But I noticed when I went to feed him pellets today he flared at each one before eating it... then after I finished feeding him he swam right up to me and flared at me then swam off. LOL I don't know if that's normal or if he just hates me sometimes lmao!!!

It sounds to me like the bubbles are more likely from your betta building a bubble nest. Some bettas will also flare at anything that moves, that's why I love them because they all have their own personalities

This is true, i've only come to realize this after i caught my betta making bubble nests & thought now i know why he flares at me than before. All along i thought that the bubbles was from my filter. Heres a short video of it & its really fun watching them ?

https://youtu.be/yfE07quMT1w

@Kitekat87 he is indeed. They've got so much personalities. Thanks ☺️

Back
Top Bottom