Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Betta tank

Hi,

I have a 2.5 gallon tank with a Betta. It has a heater and a filter. I added an air diffuser because I noticed my filter producing a weird amount of bubbles that would cover the top of the water. the diffuser seems to help keep the bubbles contained in one spot.

I've read that some ppl don't recommend this but my Betta seems to not mind. He swims right up and around the bubbles...

But I noticed when I went to feed him pellets today he flared at each one before eating it... then after I finished feeding him he swam right up to me and flared at me then swam off. LOL I don't know if that's normal or if he just hates me sometimes lmao!!!

Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

It sounds to me like the bubbles are more likely from your betta building a bubble nest. Some bettas will also flare at anything that moves, that's why I love them because they all have their own personalities

Old 06-27-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is true, i've only come to realize this after i caught my betta making bubble nests & thought now i know why he flares at me than before. All along i thought that the bubbles was from my filter. Heres a short video of it & its really fun watching them 🙂

https://youtu.be/yfE07quMT1w
Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

He's a handsome looking guy and very active
Old 06-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

@Kitekat87 he is indeed. They've got so much personalities. Thanks ☺️

Tags
betta, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com