Betta tank mate questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crewless

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok random question that pertains to tigers how would they go with a betta in the tank hes pretty easy going but he can swimm pretty fast i also have lots of flat rocks with lots of hideing places for him to hide so what are your thoughts .....i accecpt all ideas and or susgestions

Hm, I had bettas & tiger barbs but never together but tht seems risky. Maybe some people with some experience.

The betta isnt aggresive tho thats the cool thing about him and i want some small fish to entertain me some XD

Dont mix a betta with TBs. If you dont have the right mix, it could go VERY badly for your betta fish. Bettas do s much better with small, non aggressive fish such as cardinal/neon tetras, zebra danio, white cloud minnows, cory cats.

And I second that motion... I wouldnt put a turtle in with any 'pet' fish. There is always the risk that your favorite fish will be eaten.

Sometimes. Mine have lived together peacefully for a few months now.

I dont have a lfs any where near me so its very hard for me to get anything ...:( i also cant shop online ether:(

Tiger barbs would shred a betta IMO. I would not even attempt it.

Thank you for the advice and also i was wondering what small fish would be entertaining to have in my betta tank that i can get from walmart?

Probably none that Walmart sells. Maybe a few neons if they have them. JMO.

Crewless said:
What is JMO

Just my opinion.

As said, tiger barbs+betta=betta fish sticks next morning.

How big of a tank???

IMO I wouldn't buy fish from Walmart. They're not exactly known to have the best and healthiest fish.

Let's stay on topic please, the OP has stated that he has few options available to him locally and cannot order online. This is not the thread to debate the health of Walmart fish. ;)

Your absalutly correct ! I hava had bad experinces with walmart fish but then my 2 bettas have lived a long time :)

Yeah, it really depends on how big of a tank you have. If its anything less than 5 gallons, I would not put anything else in with your betta. My five gallon tank only has a male crowntail, four shrimp, and a snail.

Something bigger than a 10 gallon you could do white cloud minnows, neon tetras, zebra danios ( though they move really fast and usually prefer to be kept in a larger aquarium). Cory cats are pretty fun, but they get to be around three inches and prefer to be in groups.

I've gotten guppies & mollies from walmart a long time ago not all of them lived but about 4 lived for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom