Betta tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kishore

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am planning to have a 42 gallon tank soon. I am now planning my stocking options and I am totally confused.

Suggest me some stocking options with and without betta. What are some peaceful tank mates that I can have with betta?
(I am not going to have goldfish and probably no angels!)

Are you planning on having a male or a female? Males will limit your options to small shoaling fish with dull coloration and shorter fins. For females it's essentially the same except they tolerate tankmates more, even colorful ones. In general, go for peaceful and non-nippy fish. Avoid any larger fish and steer clear of any other anabantoids. Female guppies work alright for this purpose, neon tetras, other schooling tetras, Cory cats, shrimp, ADF's, plecos, loaches, etc.

Are you planning on having a male or a female? Males will limit your options to small shoaling fish with dull coloration and shorter fins. For females it's essentially the same except they tolerate tankmates more, even colorful ones. In general, go for peaceful and non-nippy fish. Avoid any larger fish and steer clear of any other anabantoids. Female guppies work alright for this purpose, neon tetras, other schooling tetras, Cory cats, shrimp, ADF's, plecos, loaches, etc.
Tell me my options with a male

Back
Top Bottom