betta tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummingguppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
In the land of potatoes. otherwise known as Idaho.
Ok, so it started when I bought my new betta, Basil. He is a beautiful Cambodian, and of course, at the moment, he was the prettiest betta I was ever going to find, so I bought him for a little tank I had prepared. The next day, I was in walmart, haunting the pet area as I have been lately (I have a new puppy to spoil as well as my betta) and I saw a gorgeous golden yellow crown tail betta, stuck in a little cup. I wanted to buy him sooo bad. But I didn't really have a tank set up, and I had just bought a betta yesterday, so I didn't. But the point of this little backstory is... I have gone totally betta crazy. I'm a fanatic. And I would like a way to keep multiple in my room without several tanks. I want it to be attractive, and some tank dividers aren't visually pleasing... I found a 1.5 gallon tank that was divided with three built in glass dividers. That would be .5 gallons per betta, so it doesn't seem big enough, but I like the idea of a frosted glass divider. What have you used to house multiple betta's? Even if it doesn't line up with my preferred requirements above, I would love to here about all your experiences.

Feasibly, you could set up multiple tanks and drill overflows to plumb them all together into a sump which would act as your filter and a place you can store your heater. You then use a water pump to push the water back into the tanks. you could set up as many tanks as you want and only have to do a single water change assuming your sump is large enough.

Personally, I don't keep a betta in anything smaller than a 10 gallon. They use the space when it's given to them. If you really want to go betta crazy lol then get something like a 40 gallon breeder tank and put some dividers in it. Don't make a betta live in .5 gallon though :/

Theres something called a betta falls, it's very pretty. Im not sure how many gallons it is, but I've seen it at PetCo. You can house 3 bettas and it's very pretty, looking almost like a waterfall:)

Theres something called a betta falls, it's very pretty. Im not sure how many gallons it is, but I've seen it at PetCo. You can house 3 bettas and it's very pretty, looking almost like a waterfall:)
I can see something like this ending very badly. Bettas will jump when they sense water movement like a water fall. It's how they naturally move from puddle to puddle in search of a larger more sustaining source of water.

Back
Top Bottom