Betta vs honey gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Betta won. RIP gourami.

I added 2 mickey mouse platies and 3 honey gouramis today I moved all but 2 females guppies out so my tank stood as 2 female guppies pregnant still (others had their last lot for a while now) 5 neons 2 platies i betta and 3 honey gouramis

6 hours later gouramis dead with lots of fin missing and that long fin down the spine on the top has gone. I haven't a clue if it was eaten before he died or was stressed to death then eaten after he died.

This betta was my brothers (was a rescue after a split tank but hes decided not to bother now so i stuck with it) is on the offensive now with fish he happily liked before flaring the whole kaboosh. I put him in the breeder trap.

I will say the platies seemed to have taken over by the filter where he would "pace" back and forth is it a case he been moved out and throwing a tantrum>

Should I move him to my 5 g fry tank in the breeder for 3-4 days re-arrange tank and re-introduce him?

if its killing fish it most likely will keep doing so. you might be best to get it its own tank.

Back
Top Bottom