Betta w/ swim bladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagerlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody have advise. I have a great looking betta who had been fine for a long time. All of a sudden. Lathargic, weird positioning, swimming slow, not a huge appetite and just hangs out by the heater. Water parameters are perfect. Have don the Epsom salt laxative and tried blanched peas. He won't touch the peas or anything else other than a blood worm . He's not getting better. Is it to late ?

Sorry your thread hasn't been answered yet.

I'm not sure Rcs you what's going on but I am curious, the bloodworms, are they freeze dried, frozen, or live?

Did you fast him for 3 days before attempting to feed him the skinned peas? Also what's the water temp at?

Bettas can be such primadonnas some time. You spoil them with fancy food and then get a look on their face like "you want me to eat that? Not happening" when you try to switch it.

Water temp is 78degree F. Yes I fast him. Then blanched and chopped up the peas small, no intrest they would just fall to the bottom. Then even stuck them on a end of a toothpick. He just swim into the pea and knocked it off still no intrest. Not sure what to do know. Tried the Epsom salt again on day two now.
He just sticks himself behind the heater and sits there???

If it counts for anything, my betta always sits on the heater. That's pretty normal behavior. As for the rest of your problem, I'm not entirely sure. You could try mixing chopped up bloodworms and the peas together. The smell of the bloodworms might entice him to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom