Betta with angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 36 bowfront, with
-5 diamond tetras
-4 corydoras loxozonus
-1 oto catfish
-2 female platy
-2 female koi swordtail
-1 female neon sword tail
- 1 young angelfish
- male betta.
My tank is medium planted with low tech. I have and aqua clear 70 and do big wwc so I am not worried about the overstocking. My question is the betta with the angelfish. I added the betta about 2 days ago snd have monitored carefully. There has been absolutely no aggression or flaring at all. I am wondering if the angel may get mean as he grow. He is nice now, and hides a lot. He just ignores the betta. Also, I am going out of town for ten days, and am wondering if I should temporarily remove the betta since I will not be able to monitor it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am leaving soon so would appreciate some help

The betta really has no place in that setup, all of that stock except the cories and oto can be nippy when it comes to long fins especially the tetras.

On another note you may want to swap out the swordtails they get quite large, and add a few more tetras, cories and otos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The betta really has no place in that setup, all of that stock except the cories and oto can be nippy when it comes to long fins especially the tetras.

On another note you may want to swap out the swordtails they get quite large, and add a few more tetras, cories and otos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd have to agree. If you have to monitor it I'd take him out and give him a 10g home with shrimp and harlequins. My Betta gets along with neons………sometimes

Sent from peliper

He has been over a week and not one flare up, so I am really confident

I would at least separate them whilst you're gone. The last thing you want I come home to is a torn up or dead Betta

Sent from peliper

I'd also advise moving the betta. It seems I've seen this exact post numerous times with the same outcome each time, Betta is dead within weeks or months (at best). There's always that one time that it works out but more frequently they're not a good match. It's not the betta you should worry about, it's the Angel and the other nippy fish. Bettas are slow and don't stand a chance. FWIW, I had this exact same question about a year ago. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Let us know in two weeks time how your betta is. bet i know what your gonna say. Dead or tore up

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My betta lasted, perfectly fine, unnoticed. He is still good. However, I think something may have gotten in my tank, because the past week, I lost my Angel, 2 cories, and had a platy disappear:(?!

Back
Top Bottom