Betta with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm worried the guppy's fins would cause a betta to attack them... Just curious:D

Totally happened to me. I know it depends on the betta, but guppies and bettas are a bad combination IMO. Too similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The only way to safely put bettas and guppies together is a female betta with guppies or male betta with only female guppies. Other than that there will always be a chance of the betta attacking because of the coloring of the guppies

Sent from peliper

The only way to safely put bettas and guppies together is a female betta with guppies or male betta with only female guppies. Other than that there will always be a chance of the betta attacking because of the coloring of the guppies

Sent from peliper

Doesn't matter if it is a male or female of either species there is still a chance. Least chance is probably female and female.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Betta will nip at male and felmale guppys. Its just a bad combination of fish. Plus the betta will stress also with the guppys. I can guarantee dead fish.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have actually heard of success stories with bettas and guppies, more than I would have imagined to hear.

Here's a site that lists common guppies as good tankmates and gives an outline for using fancy guppies.
http://bettacare101.com/tankmates3/

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's more the snails aren't doing what they're supposed to with the algae. Just needs a scrubbing with the algae brush

Sent from peliper

It's more the snails aren't doing what they're supposed to with the algae. Just needs a scrubbing with the algae brush

Sent from peliper

I brush mine every other day because I can't stand smudges on the glass like that.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom