bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys just wondering can i have 1 male and 2 female bettas in the same tank or 1 and 1? i currently have 1 red male veiltai in my 30g but he's the only fish i have that resides in the middle and upper regions of the tank

If you have plenty hiding spaces for the females to retreat to, then it should be ok. Alot of times male bettas can be rough with female bettas, they'll chase them and harass them, so give them places to hide if he bothers them too much. You do want to keep at least two, so he can divide his attention among them instead of bothering one of them all the time. Hope this helps!

Like some caves, and lots of plants. You can use plastic plants if you want too, no need for live ones. Driftwood would offer cover, and it would look nice too.

Like some caves, and lots of plants. You can use plastic plants if you want too, no need for live ones. Driftwood would offer cover, and it would look nice too.

i currently have 3 live plants in my aquarium not doing good because of light and a couple small caves that connect in the back and my catfish dug under the pvc pipe as well

Attachments

• P270212_14.35.jpg
    P270212_14.35.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P270212_14.35_[01].jpg
    P270212_14.35_[01].jpg
    215 KB · Views: 63
  • P270212_14.35_[02].jpg
    P270212_14.35_[02].jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 65
  • P270212_14.35_[03].jpg
    P270212_14.35_[03].jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 52
I think it would be ok, but you need to add some more plants in there, to make more shelter for them. other than that it looks good. I say try it, and if it doesn't work than have a backup plan, like another tank to put the two other females in, or a small tank for the male.

I love Khulis! they're soo cute! Yeah you do need to get more of them, at least 3 more. What kind of catfish do you have? If its a pleco, you know they can get really big right?

I love Khulis! they're soo cute! Yeah you do need to get more of them, at least 3 more. What kind of catfish do you have? If its a pleco, you know they can get really big right?
ok my complete stock list is
1 male veiltail betta
2 Striped Raphael Catfish
3 albino corydoras
2 peppered corydoras
1 khuli less than an inch

future stock
2 mickymouse corydaoras
4 more loaches not sure what kinds there are and if compatible
2 or 3 female bettas (need more hiding spots and a spare 10g ) and can i mix types of bettas ex. crowntails and veil tails

ok my complete stock list is
1 male veiltail betta
2 Striped Raphael Catfish
3 albino corydoras
2 peppered corydoras
1 khuli less than an inch

future stock
2 mickymouse corydaoras
4 more loaches not sure what kinds there are and if compatible
2 or 3 female bettas (need more hiding spots and a spare 10g ) and can i mix types of bettas ex. crowntails and veil tails

Love the sand. BTW, what size tank is that?

As in mixing crowntails and veiltails for breeding? yes you can Mix them to breed. oh, and the stocking list sounds good! Corys are wonderfull!

Back
Top Bottom