Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on their personality, but I wouldn't try a sorority in less than a 20 gallon. Male and females shouldn't be kept together.

Again no. Neons are too active for a smaller tank. A Male betta and a snail or some duller shrimp might be ok.
If you are absolutely insistent on getting a betta with fish I would do a female betta and something smaller than neons. Ember tetras might work, there are some pretty small rasboras. I would have to look into those to give you specific species names.

Endler guppies are cute and small. You can keep and breed them in a 10 gallon tank instead of bettas

Yeah the only problem with guppies is that they breed like rabbits. So endlers would be a great alternative to regular guppies. You could also just try a few male guppies to prevent breeding entirely.

Short and simple.
Can i keep 3 female bettas in a 10 gallon.

IMO - 3 females in 10 gal. shouldn't be a problem if they're about the same size and introduced at the same time.
Provide some type of cover for hiding while the hierarchy is being established.
And a pair of molly's would be a good choice to add to the group and should make for a good community tank.
Remember though - molly's are crap factories...

Mollies are also too big for a 10 gallon. I had a trio in a 20 gallon and they were cramped and territorial. They are also the most aggressive of the livebearers.

Trying same thing in a 10 gallon. I have a wild caught male Thai flag crowntail in heavily planted tank. Few snails in tank which he leaves along, tried adding some shrimp, could only get cherrys at the time, added 6 he devoured 2 almost instantly, have only been able to find one hiding left and scattered carcasses. Tried some bigger ghost shrimp adding 2, have white sand substrate. He chased them as well and now they are hiding. Me thinks it is him and some snails and that is all it is going to be.

Mollies are also too big for a 10 gallon. I had a trio in a 20 gallon and they were cramped and territorial. They are also the most aggressive of the livebearers.
Uh, had 2 dalmation in 10 gal. with 2 red wag platty & 1 lamp eye tetra for over a year.
Never saw an act of aggression from any of them & none were territorial.
I know a lot of fish get aggressive if kept on the hungry side...
Hmmm ��

Back
Top Bottom