Bettas and White Clouds Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say no. The white cloud is a colder water fish while bettas greatly prefer warmer water. Their temp preference doesn't match

I agree with mebbid on the temp. And they also like to be in larger schools which would barely fit in a 10 gallon due to their activeness

Any other small, hardy fish that you would recommend? What if I wanted to do a 5 gallon betta tank? Could I add a second species, or would I be limited to just shrimp? I would plant heavily and water change as necessary. I've currently got a 5 gallon fluval spec with just a betta and might like to add something faster swimming if possible.

Any other small, hardy fish that you would recommend? What if I wanted to do a 5 gallon betta tank? Could I add a second species, or would I be limited to just shrimp? I would plant heavily and water change as necessary. I've currently got a 5 gallon fluval spec with just a betta and might like to add something faster swimming if possible.
Of course, I know fast swimming generally means a 5 gallon wouldn't work, but I would love to capitalize on some of the length of this particular tank, and I think the filtration is WAY sufficient. I've seen some people do Endler's, but 5 gallons seems way small for them, right.? I had them in my 10, and even that felt a bit tight. I guess I'm looking for some oddball I haven't thought of that I could throw in the spec v if at all possible. Might not be. :(

Of course, I know fast swimming generally means a 5 gallon wouldn't work, but I would love to capitalize on some of the length of this particular tank, and I think the filtration is WAY sufficient. I've seen some people do Endler's, but 5 gallons seems way small for them, right.? I had them in my 10, and even that felt a bit tight. I guess I'm looking for some oddball I haven't thought of that I could throw in the spec v if at all possible. Might not be. :(

WCMMs get larger, and are even more active than endlers! Try checking out some of these nano fish:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388855451.187453.jpg
Some people say the threadfins need a larger tank, and some of the ones with showy fins may not work with a beta, this is just the running list I keep of nano fish ideas I like.

WCMMs get larger, and are even more active than endlers! Try checking out some of these nano fish: Some people say the threadfins need a larger tank, and some of the ones with showy fins may not work with a beta, this is just the running list I keep of nano fish ideas I like.

Awesome list! The micro rasboras look especially compatible, but I've heard the constantly hide. Any of these that would be mire likely to be seen? CPDs?

Back
Top Bottom