Bettas/Fighting fish in community tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My female betta does nip at my angelfish's fin, but it's not too often and not too bad. Other then that, I would advice you to get some females. They are as beautifull as the males, and can be kept together with other females, unlike the males.

no theyre noTTTT, as much as i dislike saying males are beautifull, in this case they are, guppies are practicly identical, and arent as agressive, why not get guppies instead,
I know, because siamese fighting fish are soooooooooo cool and they are really cool, for me its not about if theyre cool, its about what they look like and if they fit in in the tank, thats why i started this post!
Sorry if it sounds like i hate you but im just stating my oppinion, lol, and sometimes im a bit fiesty about that,lol
c ya

Well, then I'd say have a go with one male betta, and keep a small tank handy in case it doesn't work!
Good luck to you!

What more info do you need???
Avoid long finned fish and fast-zippy fish. And only keep one male. No female.

Actually I am 14 and I am not homophobic, I am just proud of the fact that i'm straight! (and don't say thats thats homophobic because homo sexuals say 'gay and proud')
I have recently realised that there have always been homosexuals and there always will be, I used to think that everyone was going to turn gay and that would be the end of the earth, but now i know that is wrong, if you would also like to take the p*** out of me for my recent ranting about grammar please visit
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=372437#372437
and fire away, if not stay here and do it abou this post!

good guess anyway, from now on please can we stick to the subject

You sound like This portion of the post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement.

That was quite rude of you, Fish Surgeon.

To answer your question, qwertie, I've kept a betta in with my community tank before. No problems. Don't discount female bettas though. You can find some absolutley amazing looking females out there.

Good luck in your search. 8)

Devilishturtles said:
That was quite rude of you, Fish Surgeon.

How so? Do not read body language where there is not any.

To quote someone here:

qwertie said:
Sorry if it sounds like i hate you but im just stating my oppinion, lol

Thread locked. Both of you need to learn to play nice or not play at all. This is your last warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom