Better for silence - eheim canister or aquaclear hob?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up going with the Eheim, not because I hated the Fluval but because its smallest canister was more powerful than I need for a 20L.

I ended up going with the Eheim, not because I hated the Fluval but because its smallest canister was more powerful than I need for a 20L.

Yes the classic eihms are fine, I can see why they sell but they are not for me. Good luck!

Hehhhh, you said you took a Eheim 2213 Canister for a 20L ? For 5g ?

Probably you'll find the flow way too high... What kind of fishs are you keeping ? I run Eheim 2213 on my 29g and the flow is perfect.

I can say it would be too strong for my 10g... Imagine your 5g...

Hehhhh, you said you took a Eheim 2213 Canister for a 20L ? For 5g ?

Probably you'll find the flow way too high... What kind of fishs are you keeping ? I run Eheim 2213 on my 29g.

Hello
A canister filter for a 5 gallon tank would be far to strong and make the water very turbulent, not even sure tank would cycle properly because of that, Hob would be better suited for the 5 gallon this will also help cycling.

just my opinion.

JCD

Hello
A canister filter for a 5 gallon tank would be far to strong and make the water very turbulent, not even sure tank would cycle properly because of that, Hob would be better suited for the 5 gallon this will also help cycling.

just my opinion.

JCD

It won't be bad for cycling, as thoses bacterias require aeration. The more is the best, but it's for fish... They'll be exhausted fast by the current...

And what about fake/real plants ? They won't stay in place...

It's a 20 gallon long. We're just having one of those imperial/metric problems. I'm sorry, I should have written out the "long" to avoid confusion because I realize now that it does look like I said a 20 liter.
I would not put a canister on a 5g. I do generally know what I'm about :)

It's a 20 gallon long. We're just having one of those imperial/metric problems. I'm sorry, I should have written out the "long" to avoid confusion because I realize now that it does look like I said a 20 liter.
I would not put a canister on a 5g. I do generally know what I'm about :)

Lol, then Eheim 2213 will fit well on an 20g.

Back
Top Bottom