Better photo of the new Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I think the photo I submitted was way to small to see. So, this one is larger. I was told this is a Veil Tale Ram. Never heard or saw one. Now I have 3.. Anyone have these little gems? They are quite shy. But my Electric Blue Ram where shy when I introduced them to there new home. Thank:cool:

Attachments

• Veiltale Ram 2 crop sm.jpg
    Veiltale Ram 2 crop sm.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 73
I have never heard of veiltale German blue before but I have seen veiltail(which is just another fancy name for long fin). Yours looks more like a balloon German blue ram to be honest, however, I'm not an expert.

It's a Baloon ram, hardly a gem.. more like marble..
Here's a gem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1461018944398.jpg
    1461018944398.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 83
Nice colors on that fish!
That would be a balloon ram
Not to rain on your parade but just going to say that they have bad genetics, which can result in a short lifetime. The shortness you see in them is actually a deformity that makes them look like that. With care though, you should be able to get them to live a little while. :)

Hi. I think the photo I submitted was way to small to see. So, this one is larger. I was told this is a Veil Tale Ram. Never heard or saw one. Now I have 3.. Anyone have these little gems? They are quite shy. But my Electric Blue Ram where shy when I introduced them to there new home. Thank:cool:

Yup. as already stated its a balloon ram and its characteristics should be identical to any other dwarf rams essentially. Rams have a relatively short lifespan to begin with; and the balloon variety are even shorter!

Back
Top Bottom