Beuty and hardy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size tank do you have? I don't want to give any recommendations that will not work in your current tank.

You would not be able to get any shark species in an 8 gallon tank.

It's very small and so your options are going to be very limited. You would have to look at something like a shrimp or snail tank, perhaps a betta.

As mentioned, you could do a betta. They certainly come in a wide variety of colors and shapes, so there are many options.

Does your lfs offer nano fish like killifish? I don't want to write down something harder to get if your store tends to carry only "vanilla" fish.

I have a betta in an 8 already and I did some research and the tank is actually a 10 gal . And I like the look of the sharks do you get mini sharks? And my lfs doesn't sell killifish

Shane, you can't do sharks. You might as well just forget about that species altogether. I rehomed my shark to someone with 125 gallon tank. They need lots of room.

Do you not like guppies anymore?

Perhaps it's just your lfs that's not good. Are there any others around you?

Do a search on this forum for nano fish or for small tanks and see what others have recommended. Once I got away from bettas, the smallest tank I've had has been my 16 and that's a shrimp/cory/oto/snail tank. I'm not really well versed in many of the really small species.

What happened to your other guppies? Are you having issues with this tank with regard to your water params?

My suggestion would be that you take a pad and pen to the store, look through all the tanks of small fish, write down which species you like, and then come back and list them for us and we can help you stock your tank.

Do you know what your readings are for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Is this tank not cycled? I'm not sure what a 0.10 reading is. What test kit are you using?

What is your nitrate?

It's very important for you to have the nitrate test as well. Once you're past the ammonia and nitrite stages, you should only have a nitrate reading.

After your tank is cycled look into ember tetras. They are small, beautiful and will fit perfectly in a 8-10gal tank. Your Betta may even get along with them. Or you can look into endlers livebearers.

Back
Top Bottom