Bgk and fire eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First off I want to let everyone know I am upgrading tanks in march. So now my question, do you think that a BGK and a Fire Eel would work out in the same tank? I know I need at least a 125 gallon for them but tank size set aside, would they be good tank mates or should I get separate tanks for them?

I Also have my royal pleco too that I have had since like 2 1/2 inches and is now almost 6 that I would put in there too. I plan on getting a large piece of PVC and alot of wood and sand as a substrate .

it should be ok.
But make sure there are several hiding places - because they will compete for different spots, and switch caves occasionally.
At least 6 hiding places (caves, tubes, plants, rocks etc..) for each fish.
This allows them to freely choose and move from one spot to another.

Also, try and limit your bottom feeders to only your BGK, Fire Eel and pleco - so they have maximum space and don't compete for food.
I personally would consider your bottom region fully stocked in a 125gallon.

I wasn't planning on any other fish at all in the tank. I figured the three of them would fill it up. Unless you think I could get some other top dwellers that won't become dinner.

fadetoblack06 said:
First off I want to let everyone know I am upgrading tanks in march. So now my question, do you think that a BGK and a Fire Eel would work out in the same tank? I know I need at least a 125 gallon for them but tank size set aside, would they be good tank mates or should I get separate tanks for them?

Im trying to find some fish that wouldnt be dinner, but whats a bgk, first of all?

BGK and Fire eels (despite their look) are peaceful community fish.

Discus, Angelfish, Gouramis (Pearl, Moonlight, Kissing) are all compatible

Im trying to find some fish that wouldnt be dinner, but whats a bgk, first of all?

Black Ghost Knife
fish_BlackGhostKnife.jpg

Ohhhhhh got it! Haha im not too great with abreviations. Anyways, ya i think larger gouramis or angels would be pretty cool in there!

Back
Top Bottom