BGK Diet Check and Misc questions/advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandus911

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I wanted to double check with a place I can actually get a straight answer (so many websites have mixed views on things and replies from ages ago) I have a BGK that I keep in a 125 gallon tank with 7 angel fish, 1 clown pleco (tiny guy), and 2 clown loaches (I'm aware of loaches desiring big groups 5+, I'm trying to decide if its worth it considering they've been fine since I've had them, almost a year). He doesn't like to come out, ever, which I understand is normal. He usually hides where the clown loaches generally like to hide, which is a rock structure I got from PetSmart.

Anyways, on feeding habits. I'm to understand they like blood worms, so says a PetSmart employee, but on this site I've been told they prefer shrimp pellets? I make sure to try and force a pinch of bloodworms into one of the rock holes, along with a few pellets. Seeing as how my angelfish love both b. worms and s. pellets, this puts me at ease that I've done my job, because I've had bad luck with BGKs in the past. (Found out after my 10 inch pleco eat a freakin dragonfish that he was the most probable culprit to these mishaps. Good riddance!)

For my misc question, how would a peacock eel fair in this setting? I would be worried I think only if my clown pleco and/or BGK ever got aggressive (they're both pretty harmless right now)

Back
Top Bottom