BGK eating questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had Ernie for around 8 months now. He's gone from 5 inches to a whooping 10 inches in that period. He's almost ready for a new home out of my 46 bowfront and into our 75g made specifically for him. I have noticed that my BGK is way more shy than some I have seen. I have never once seen him eat any food but somehow he's still alive. He hasn't ate my black neon tetras yet but do think either him or my peacock eel, ate all my ghost shrimp a while back. I wait until the lights go off to put bloodworms or brine shrimp in but again, never seem him touch them. Does he just wait for me to leave the tank alone before he feasts?

They really like a bit of dimness in a tank, like a water wisteria floating and lower light level.

The Black Neons may be seen as buddies since they have been in there since he l=was smaller, but as he gets larger all bets are off in the if it fits in the mouth it could be food, saying.

I feed mine with a turkey Baster or hand feed to make sure he gets fed. Mine comes out religiously at 8 pm or anytime good enters the tank. He definitely likes the night time. :)

I have a technice to make them more easy. I feed mine floating food so he has to come out to have a chunk and I do one thing. Give him a signal. I turn of my filter and everything so he knows now its feeding time and he comes out looking for food as soon as I switch off power filter

Back
Top Bottom