Bi-Color 500 Cichlid - nest building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are those your fish? The cichilid in question is gorgeous (and a feisty little guy), but all of your fish are equally beautiful.

It's interesting to see the nest building. My fish is nothing close to yours, but I enjoy seeing my goldie move and divide his pebbles :]

Are those your fish? The cichilid in question is gorgeous (and a feisty little guy), but all of your fish are equally beautiful.

It's interesting to see the nest building. My fish is nothing close to yours, but I enjoy seeing my goldie move and divide his pebbles :]

yeah those are mine. :)

Are cichilids difficult? I've seen people show them off everywhere, but I know little about them.

No, not really difficult. You can have problems if you get a few aggressive ones in a tank with more calm ones. You just have to keep an eye on them. Red Zebras seem to be more aggressive than the others I have. I did recently learn that the more room you give them the more likely they are to chase each other around, this can cause death basically by drowning because they can run out of oxygen when constantly being chased.

They like a nice high pH, I run my tank about 8.0 pH and 80-82 degrees. Give them lots of places to hide like caves and they will do fine.

Lmbo....I thought the title was 'bi-color cichlid building BUBBLE nest' I HAD to see that lol

He's pretty! My red zebras have been so aggressive that I've had to get rid of them. As well as a few others.

Lmbo....I thought the title was 'bi-color cichlid building BUBBLE nest' I HAD to see that lol

He's pretty! My red zebras have been so aggressive that I've had to get rid of them. As well as a few others.

Yeah I was having an issue with my largest RZ but I completely rearranged things in the tank and put in new decorations and that seems to have fixed it. Hopefully he will stay calmed down.

I often get confused about which Cichilids are saltwater or freshwater. Or...are all freshwater?

I really like the orange ones that get big. I had a friend whose cichilid was more like a cat in a tank than a fish. He used to pet it all the time and stuff.

Jayjangle said:
I often get confused about which Cichilids are saltwater or freshwater. Or...are all freshwater?

I really like the orange ones that get big. I had a friend whose cichilid was more like a cat in a tank than a fish. He used to pet it all the time and stuff.

They're fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom