Bichirs with bristlenose pleco in temporary tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a 55g tanks that came with a few fish. I have found new homes for all of them except a bristlenose pleco that is full grown male 6" that I would like to keep

I have 2 Senegal bichirs in my 20g long tank right now for their grow out tank that I will be transferring to the 55g in the near future. One is about 4" and other is around 6"

My question is while I have the 55g tank down to make it more suitable for bichirs (sand instead of gravel and finish part of my basement to move it to its permanent home) would it be okay to have the bristlenose in the 20g tank with my bichirs for a week or 2 at most?

I have kept bichirs and bristlenose in the past but my bichirs were always much bigger then my pleco so not sure how aggressive he will be since he is double the size of my little bichir

He should be fine in a 20g for a week. Plecos usually only become aggressive when they make a territory. He should be fine for a week at most.

Thanks! I'll wait until last minute to move him to the 20g and set the 55g back up with new sand and canister filter. Shouldn't take more than a week to get the tanks parameters safe since my 20g is established and I can take some bb from it

Back
Top Bottom