Big Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 4 peppered cories and 5 panda cories and I'm planning on getting more. They are going to go into a 55g soon. The thing is that now would love to have a larger fish! I love the look of the EBJDs and the firemouths and the serverums but I have the cories which I am in LOVE with too and couldn't imagine parting from! Is there a fish that would fit the bill? Thanks!

Hmmmm not quite sure. EBJDs may work as they are more peaceful and smaller than the normal ones. This is probably going to be a hard stock as most big fish for a 55g are cichlids, and the bigger ones tend to be mean, and they like to eat smaller fish.

I know that they wouldn't work I was just stating that I loved the size of them and how they looked. I'm just trying to find a larger/colorful fish that would be good with corydoras.

But don't they need a bigger tank? I'd love to get some but I thought that they needed a 75g or larger? Am I wrong? I'd sure like to be;)

KonvictKeeper said:
I'm honestly not quite sure. I thought it could be done in a 55g. I was told that when setting up my 55g. I may be wrong.

Off to do some research!!!! I really want you to be right!!!:D

Yeah I've basically read that 55 is the min and around 6ish could go in there. I'm thinking 4-5 with the cories and a small school of tetras:). That'd be a wonderful tank!

Back
Top Bottom