Big mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Did a wc yesterday late afternoon, just checked on my fish, hmmm something seems off here, ohh yah ! Forgot to plug my hob's and heater back in, temp dropped from 78.6 down to 71.6, am I going to have problems? Fish see memes fine, zebra danios were zipping around the substrate, they're always always on top

Possibly not but next time something like that happens you really need to slow down the temp increase to prevent any possible shock. Plug the heater back in and turn it down increasing the temp by 1-2 degrees every hour.

Depends on the size of your tank regarding reheating. If the tank is small (10 g or less, then Mebbid's advice is excellent. If a larger tank, it will take hours to reach the normal temp again and will be fine for the fish.

Guilty here! Left my filters off for 24 hrs+ recently. Luckily I didn't have a mini-cycle I expected to have. I have a partial excuse. I'm 65. Senile-attack. lol. OS.

It's a 29, had to go to work so I don't know where it's at now but it went up .2 degrees in the half hour I was around it this morning. I have no excuse, I was rushing in a quick water change before I went out for the night, careless careless! I hope they don't get ich..

Unless you have discus or GBR's I don't think 71.6F was cold enough to cause too much stress. Especially the Zebra danios. I assume you have a 100w heater in the 29 so it shouldn't raise the temp so fast as to be too stressful. OS.

Unless you have discus or GBR's I don't think 71.6F was cold enough to cause too much stress. Especially the Zebra danios. I assume you have a 100w heater in the 29 so it shouldn't raise the temp so fast as to be too stressful. OS.

150, my apt can get cold this time of year, danios are fine, it was just that they were swimming in places they never go that made me notice something was wrong. Tank has re-acclimated, fish all seem fine:)

So am I out of the woods on this one? Could problems arise in the next few days I should be in the lookout for?

Haha, I too like donuts! So I will not sir take this bet, my donuts! Thanks for the quick help OS!

Back
Top Bottom