Big Pacu won't eat for 1 week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimitri320

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a week ago I got a big Pacu to my 100g tank. He's there with a bunch of other big and small fish. All eat well, but my Pacu hasn't eaten for a week. Can u please help what to do??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465590224.428574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, just ignores it as if it wasn't there....

Also, he's always with his mouth wide open, as if he can't breath properly. Although he looks alright and swims well, doesn't stay on the bottom as the first few days.

No, he's almost never at the surface. No noticeable inflammation around the gills.

How big is he?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The teeth look like two white teeth side by side in the middle of her mouth.

She's big, around 15-16 inches

I can't really tell if they are swollen of impacted. What else is in the tank with her? Is something is bulling her possible

Is probably stressed. They do not belong in home aquariums. Things get the size of a sewer cap

Nobody is bullying her, we have a very peaceful aquarium. I've got a few small Oscars with her there

What's garlic additive? Should I just run garlic on her food?

Nobody is bullying her, we have a very peaceful aquarium. I've got a few small Oscars with her there

What's garlic additive? Should I just run garlic on her food?

Hmmmm 2 oscars need a 100 to them selves below minimum?? You're not doing it correctly. You need to get that massive fish out of that tiny glass box in order to ensure its comfortable survival.
Would you finish your dinner in a closet? One week in a clothing closet , would you eat or focus most of your attention to the Grimm fate that lays before you??

Last edited:
Maybe a pebble stuck in her mouth?

Otherwise have you seen her poop?

Try Brine shrimp - usually works to stimulate appetite or feeder shrimp for her to see if that sparks interest in eating.

I haven't seen her poop yet. I have given her shrimp but there was no interest. Even my Oscars weren't interested in the shrimp. I'll try to find some better shrimp I guess

Back
Top Bottom