Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

BIG problem...

I knew my lfs was having a sale this weekend and that "select items" were going to be 25% off. I just stopped by and I found out that everything is going to be 25% off! I can't handle that, lol. I need to be saving for sensible things I really do need but now I'm like "Uhh... well I really, really do want another tank and now would be the perfect time to buy it." They're going to have twice the fish stock they have now by this weekend. My mind is spinning with what kind of tank, lights, plants, fish, everything I could get. It's just mean... =[

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Sati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Yes, I have fallen prey to this many a time! My greatest demonstration of strength was last week when my husband called me on his cell and said that he had seen a tank on someone's front porch for sale and did I want him to get it for me.... I said (gasp) NO! We are getting the house fixed up to move and I just can't get another tank, so I have to squeeze my eyes shut if I see something on sale. I think there will always be something, somewhere for me when I need it (usually in the classifieds - my best deals have been there). It is almost my favorite part of this hobby to plan a new tank!

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bwaahahahahaha! I only can dream about having such problems

Do compare the prices with what you'll find online, especially at www.bigals.com. You may find the prices are cheaper at BigAls, even with shipping. That might be enough to pull in the reins on that need to shop immediately *grin*

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Its in our blood, ladies... we hear the word "sale" and we just can't resist!

I personally am an ebay addict.
Getting back into the hobby... restocking a 55 Gallon tank with peacock cichlids (currently housing 2 synodontis petricolas). Planning a complete overhaul of my 30 Gallon Oceanic Cube (currently housing a bristlenose pleco and a praecox rainbow).
Madame_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

You know, I have never bought anything from eBay...I'm SUCH a wimp LOL I'm so afraid I'll get burned. I've bought stuff online, no probs with that. But I always buy from places that have presidents/CEOs and return policies LOL

And yeah, there is something about the word sale that trips my trigger I'm amazed at your self control Tank LOL Not sure if I'd be as strong.

Old 11-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sati, which LFS is this, Blue Sierra? I have to call them and find out if they have ottos!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I'm amazed at your self control Tank LOL Not sure if I'd be as strong.
That was one of the hardest things I had to do! All I can think about now is having the carpet replaced and moving a 55 and a 44 with their stands to do it, and how the outlets in the other part of the house are not grounded (50 gillion things plugged into the strips for each tank) and I have to be strong, have to be strong..... Being on this site makes me want to set up all kinds of different tanks, gotta have a crab tank, a frog tank, a SW tank, a brackish tank... When will the madness end?!! Once I move, I plan on staying there to a ripe old age and becoming the "fish lady" on the block!
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL Oh I hear ya! I've managed to condense myself to 2 tanks atm; the 55g and the planted 10g. Of course, i got a new stand for the 25g, and its all set up with the tank so I can start converting it to SW *grin* Is why my 10g and 8g are empty. The 8g is the QT tank for the FW tanks, and the 10g will be the QT for the SW tank. But boy it hurts to have empty tanks LOL

And I have the same prob with electricity. They finally came in this summer and converted all the outlets to grounded (we did some, but not all), and added another circuit so we could run the A/C. But, they were unable to run a line into the foyer in the middle of the apt, which is where I really want to put a tank....I'm tempted to run an extension cord in there so I can add another tank n stand LOL I really want discus now *grin*

Old 11-05-2003, 11:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allivymar
I really want discus now *grin*
OMG, me too! I don't know if I'm ready for them but they're so wonderful!

Look at Brian's discus!

I live in an apartment (moving in a month to another one) so I keep telling myself MTS is not an option for me... It's so hard, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriam
Sati, which LFS is this, Blue Sierra? I have to call them and find out if they have ottos!
Yes, Blue Sierra! You'll probably see me there drooling on everything :]

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Sati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:30 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Omg...look at them; they are STUNNING! I'm almost sorry my tank is full of angelfish. I wish I had room to do both...

Btw, which Brian? BrianNY?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com