bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my ipod doesnt have a camera but it is old so i think ill get a stand

my tank smells bad and i have turned it upside down what should i do HELP ME

its a figgure of speach it isnt actualy upside down and it smells like bad water but i have change the water hundreds of times and within 2 days it smells bad

maybe theres a dead fish in there? try cleaning out your filter media in some tank water during your next water change?

i already cleaned everything with BOILING hot water and what is carbon and were do i get it

Um I'm not positive about the smell thing but think I read that activated carbon removes it once. You should be able to get activated carbon at the pet store. You just put it in your filter cartridge or a mesh bag or something similar.

i used to have a mesh bag but then i got a new filter ill try one agian

I would kill (figure of speech, I'm not killing nobody) to have a 55 gal long.

Lol wow. This thread....

40g tanks are great. +1 on that choice.

You're very confusing with your posts, you've cleaned everything with boiling water? Did you take the fish tank down or something? Very confused...

steez said:
Lol wow. This thread....

40g tanks are great. +1 on that choice.

You're very confusing with your posts, you've cleaned everything with boiling water? Did you take the fish tank down or something? Very confused...

yes of corse i took the fish out im not stupid

yes of corse i took the fish out im not stupid

Excuse me, but your attitude isn't needed here. You're making it very hard for people to want to help you by snapping back at us.

I'm not calling you stupid (some may disagree by the quality of your post), but please take your time and make an educated, well written post that we can understand so we can help you.

With that said; the smaller the tank, the harder it is to keep it up. So if you want a bigger tank, just get the biggest you can fit/afford.

The smell of the tank can be reduced by water changes and keeping your parameters in check. Carbon can also help with the smell.

Google is a very good tool to use. Just literally search your questions.

Let me google that for you - Fish tank smell

Let me google that for you - What size tank?

it was sarcasm and sry i didnt make it clear but i turned it upside down is a figure of speech and i boiled um not going to boil it with fish in it that would kill them so can anyone just answer the question

I love my 75 gallon personly. I have a 2x10s, 29, 40 breeder, 75, 90. The 75 is great because I love it for plants the 90 is a bit deep imo and the 40 isnt big enough for a show tank. Id have to say it all depends on what you want and are looking for. Im making my 29 my first SW tank because its large enough to be a good size project but small enough not to A cost to much and B look the best for the location I have for it.

CleverBs said:
I love my 75 gallon personly. I have a 2x10s, 29, 40 breeder, 75, 90. The 75 is great because I love it for plants the 90 is a bit deep imo and the 40 isnt big enough for a show tank. Id have to say it all depends on what you want and are looking for. Im making my 29 my first SW tank because its large enough to be a good size project but small enough not to A cost to much and B look the best for the location I have for it.

thank u for actualy ansering a question do u know how to get rid of a smell in my tank

Please keep this thread on topic. This is the last time we will warn everyone. As far as text speak and the like, refer to our community rules.

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.

amanda23 said:
thank u for actualy ansering a question do u know how to get rid of a smell in my tank

U could try scrubbing it with vinegar... but then the vinegar will probably smell

Personally, I think larger tanks are easier to take care of. For beginners, I recommend 30 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom