bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maxwellag said:
U could try scrubbing it with vinegar... but then the vinegar will probably smell

but then u would have to redo your tank and restart the environment the fish get strrssed and die

I asked you before if you took the fish tank down and you said yes. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks you have no fish now.

So the fish tank is setup still? If so, putting carbon in the filter can help with the smell like previously said

Are you putting your fish back in the tank? I assume if you boiled everything (gravel, decor and such) then you may have killed off a fair amount of bb. Are you using the same filter media? You may experience a mini cycle from the cleaning if your tank was previously cycled. Is the smell in the filter media itself? Do you clean it in old tank water regularly?

amanda23 said:
but then u would have to redo your tank and restart the environment the fish get strrssed and die

Not if you keep the bacteria alive. If you kept the bb on the bio media in water, you could do any maintenance you want to the tank and it would be ok.

ok i tried a carbon filter it didnt work anything else that might work

image-1401592329.jpg

Ok so I have a baby platypus and there is something very weird in my tank please help

amanda23 said:
i already cleaned everything with BOILING hot water and what is carbon and were do i get it

It usually is already in ur filter media if u use a HOB filter

Back
Top Bottom