Biggest pile of garbage ive ever heard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nedge85

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just come from Pets at Home and heard the stoopidist advice ever, while waiting to be served I over heard the sales assistant telling another customer that she could not keep an Oranda with a goldfish because they're incompatible. Is it just me that thinks that sounds stupid?

Maybe he was thinking oscar? Everyone has a brain fart from time to time. But you are right, that makes no sense. Orandas are a type of goldfish.

I suppose a goldfish (common / comet) is best in a pond and an Oranda in a large tank ... but somehow I don't think that's what the employee meant.

If that's the BIGGEST pile of garbage you've ever heard, I'm thinking you don't get out much, huh? :lol:

Orandas don't swim very well compared to a comet. Fancy goldfish tend to need warmer temps. I wouldn't recommend putting them together, so, I don't think it was necessarily that stupid.

BillD said:
Orandas don't swim very well compared to a comet. Fancy goldfish tend to need warmer temps. I wouldn't recommend putting them together, so, I don't think it was necessarily that stupid.

+1
Comets tend to out compete Fancies for food. Plus they grow faster. I've always recommended Fancies with Fancies unless the owner has a pond or other tanks to separate fish as needed.

Back
Top Bottom