Biggest pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering what the biggest pleco is? In the future I plan on building around a 5000 gallon heated pond and I would really like a pleco but I want an rtc in there too so obviously I am very limited on things that won't become food, any help or thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the reply and yea I like them and the gibbiceps but do they get big enough not to become rtc food? :/

TBH I think a full size Common or Gibbi plec would be food to a full size RTC

how about a Ripsaw Catfish (Oxydoras niger) these grow to 3ft and do well in a group (i am using seriously fish for this info i havent kept this Doradidae only its much smaller cousin the Platydoras)

Yea that's another idea, I have also been thinking giraffe catfish but I really like plecos :/

Ive always wanted a tiger shovelnose catfish those look cool and get big

Yea I'm not sure if I should get a tsn or a rtcxtsn hybrid :/ I really like them both but I don't want to over crowd it.

U could probably do them both if its 5000 gallons i think each fish needs at least 300 gallons but im not an expert on those fish

Back
Top Bottom