Bigsea's Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigsea

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! Im new to the forums. Just wanted to start a thread to consolidate all issues i may run in to as well as share my passion for aquariums with others! Ive been in the hobby for about a year and a half and i have much to learn!! Id love all and any input, criticism and suggestions that will aid in my progression as an aquarist! Thanks for stopping by!

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

2/4 new additions
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450846486.526768.jpg

Anyone know why my jungle val is producing crazy runners but not growing to the top of the tank?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450846534.197455.jpg

Nice tank and you are correct this is the place to ask questions and get real answers. I suppose you already know the local fish store dosen't know spit about fish.

Question, are you in St. Charles, MO? If so I am really close.

Hahah no im in stockton california
My name is St Charles.

Most fish stores dont yes. Sadly in stockton i can tell these lfs owners know stuff but they water things down and add little tid bits that arent true to influence me into buying things. I had a mentor that got me into this hobby who has taught me a lot but he moved to washington so im running solo now. Hoping to clique in with these forums cause theres a ton of knowledgable aquarists here that have badass tanks!

And thank you!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451024157.713416.jpg

The 20 long is cycled!!!

Rocks are not final just in there for surface area.

Any stocking ideas???

I think a pair of rams and some kuhli loaches would be sick in there. The 55 looks great as it is too. Of course, you could always do some puffers in the 20 :brows: Red eyed red tailed and dwarf would fit.

I think a pair of rams and some kuhli loaches would be sick in there. The 55 looks great as it is too. Of course, you could always do some puffers in the 20 :brows: Red eyed red tailed and dwarf would fit.

Thankyou!! I love the kuhlis. I really want some too. They could also visit the 55 and clean my pond snails out! Good input thanks!

What do you have stocked in the 55g?

The 55 has 3 mystery snails, 2 flower shrimp, 4 turquoise rainbows, 3 siamese algae eaters, 1 albino bn pleco(rehoming soon), 2 angels, and 8 corycats (rehoming some or all soon)
Thinking about some anjelicus botias and either more rainbows or cardinal tetras, a clown pleco, still not sure.

Im a bit over stocked but the sunsun303b is maxed with bioballs, fluval biomax, and purigen and i do prime doses every Wednesday and with 60% water changes every Saturday

Hence the rehoming ideas

Puff looks great! Do you have him in brackish or freshwater?

He was kept in FW at the store so hes in FW now. Still havent decided wether or not to do BW

Ive read mixed reviews with people saying generally speaking they do better in BW but also read of people saying theyve got similar results in FW and also spawns in FW.

Where do you stand on the subject??

Ive decided to keep both the albino bn and the clown pleco in the 55 and rehome the corys.

Now this is my current dilemma..

Bump the turquoise rainbows up 3 and have a school of 7 T.rainbows?

Or bump the turquoise up 1 and get 5 praecox rainbows

Makes no difference to the bacteria. Some like Mebbid use dollar store pot scrubbers as filter media.

Caleb

Right now i have batting in tray 1, bioballs in tray 2, and for the last tray i have fluval biomax, sunsun's stock ceramics, purigen, and fluvals ammonia remover. Do you think thats a decent setup?

I've always kept figure 8 and green spotted puffers in brackish. They seem to thrive the best in those!

Also, greetings from up north! Yay for rain! (At least it's raining here today)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom