Bio load on new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've read not to introduce too many fish to a new tank as it can screw with the bio load and end up hard on your fish. Well my tank has cycled with live plants for 9 months and I'm trying to stock the tank. I have two small plecos and I'm going to get two discus for the tank this week if you guys don't think that's too much to start off with. The tank is 100 gallon. Let me know your thoughts on if this is too many fish at first. Thanks.

I've read not to introduce too many fish to a new tank as it can screw with the bio load and end up hard on your fish. Well my tank has cycled with live plants for 9 months and I'm trying to stock the tank. I have two small plecos and I'm going to get two discus for the tank this week if you guys don't think that's too much to start off with. The tank is 100 gallon. Let me know your thoughts on if this is too many fish at first. Thanks.

For discus I think 1 at a time is best.

Discus prefer to be kept in groups. I would add both the fish at the same time; however, I would suggest keeping 5 or 6 discus.

Back
Top Bottom