black algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjohnm63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have some kind of black Algae in my tank! I have moved all the fish to another tank, And I'm cleaning the tank,How do I git it off my plants?

What's the setup for your tank? If you don't fix what caused the algae, it's just going to grow back.

To answer your question, hydrogen peroxide can be used to remove what's already there, and harsher chemicals like bleach can be used on rocks and ornaments.

Thank you!! I'll git back to you later with new set up. My other tank is 30g. with a secondnatunre whisper power filer (C), 1 Heater,Gravel sup. 3 Ornaments. 2 Black mollys,2 spotted tetras ,2 Tequila Sunrise Delta Guppy, 2 Red Wag Platy, 2 Silver Mollys, 2 White Clouds,& 1 Catfish ? Black& Gold

I should add that hydrogen peroxide can be used in or out of the tank, but bleach should always be done outside the tank. If you're wanting to use hydrogen peroxide in the tank, then you can look up the method of doing so on this site.

Back
Top Bottom