Black&Brown Algae..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FSEMTB2

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know what this is? It is Black & Brown and almost looks like mold..I see it beginning to grow on my ornaments...What is the best treatment for it?

Thanks again AA..

Ken

i'm guessing you want to clean it up? i will guarantee that otto's will clean it up in a jiff......but give some specs. about your tank to see if they can go in...and if you want to look yourself just go to www.otocinclus.com its a great website about them

plus otto's are cool little fish :D

oh, my mistake i was was looking at the brown algae....(screw my comment on the ottos) they are still cool fish though :lach:

True Siamese Algae Eaters will eat brush algae, but they are very hard to find. I've been looking for one for a while.

I had a bunch of that brush algae in my 55 gallon tank at work. It was covering all the rocks in there but I thought it looked kinda cool so I didn't worry about it. I got a bristlenose pleco a couple days later, not expecting it to eat the brush algae, and the pleco ate all of it in 2 days. I couldn't believe it. :D I'm not saying it will work for you, or that BNs generally eat brush algae, but mine did.

I've got some brown algae that isn't diatoms and is mainly on my slate. I've tried scratching it off with a fingernail as a test, and that does nothing.

My pleco doesn't appear to be touching it, as it's surely not decreasing at all - suggestions? Stiff bristled brush and elbow grease? :|

Back
Top Bottom