Black Aquarium Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be fine. Though most likely cheaper if you have a Petco in your area.

Yall should take a look at some of the stuff in some of the black sands. Be careful because some contain metals like iron

It will be fine. Though most likely cheaper if you have a Petco in your area.

I don't have a Petco here in my area, just PetSmart, and they don't have it. I did find this instead Petco Black Aquarium Sand 20 Lbs | eBay

I guess I should get this since the chart says 2lbs per gallon. It is cheaper also. Do you think the sand would actually be better for the Corys?

Nice. Pics when you do

For sure. It might be a while since I will be ordering an LED hood from ebay Friday to go with the tank. I will also be ordering the sand online as well since I got a 20% off coupon for joining pet pals online. Waiting to get all materials before I set anything up. Plus I have a strict budget.

So I was going to get another 10 gallon tank but decided to get a 29 gallon instead due to bonus time. My question here is.... Do you think 40lbs of sand is enough for a 29 gallon tank, and would it be a good idea to put my existing Bio-Wheel 100 from my 10 gallon I have now on my 29 gallon to cycle it? I have another filter to use for the week in my existing tank.

Back
Top Bottom