Black Ghost Knife Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi,

sorry to borther, but i have search through out the internet for what this fish really eats?? B;ack Ghost knife fish

below is the pics of the fish

http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Knife, Black Ghost.htm

i have purchase 2 of them and WITH 8 Albino fish together in a tank,

i know Albino eat normal food ( food in packet ) correct??

i wonder what does this Ghost knfe fish eat?? i read it eats WORMS!!!????
and flakes ( what is Flakes) and Frozen food ( what was that??, worms??!!)

i don;t think i can put worms in my tank, and i can't keep the worms in my house too, i wonder it will eat the food in packet like the food to feed chichiled and other small fish,

i wonder it will eat ' Pasta ' ???!!

sorry if i ask so much, but i really like this fish but i dont know what to ffeed them,,....

regards

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you but if you've never seen frozen or flake fish foods then you haven't kept fish before. You need to learn the basics of keeping any fish first. You've got a lot to learn and I hope your fish survives the process.
A Black Ghost will eat frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, flake foods, smaller fish, etc.. They are actually very adaptable but they certainly should not be fed pasta. Where on earth did you hear that?
You can read some other people's experiences with these fish at http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/gapteron.html

You should really do some research before buying the fish... its not recommended that you keep more than 1 black knife in a tanks as they will fight... except if you have a very large tank...

They grow slowly but can live for up 15 years reaching around two feet but closer to one in aquaria.

Mine is medium size and most of his diet is blood worms and brine shrimp pellets and the odd small fish or krill...

Black Ghost knife is not a hard fish to keep but not recommended for beginners

ohh.... frozen shrimp, means dead shrimp right?? hahhaso silly of me,

should i feed it during night or day? i read an article says they prey during the night.

i have 2 black knife fish on my tank, but i place a wood in my tank, guess it will hide out when it attack right?, does my ' albino' fish will be safe in there with my black ghost knife fish??? my albino still on a small size.. i wonder it will eat them up..

and regarding pasta, i feed my blue crayfish with lobster sometimes.... that's why i thought those fish would eat on pasta'... :p

Back
Top Bottom