black ghost: male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cb172635

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a black ghost fish at my LFS. How do I tell if its male or female for breeding purposes? im going to post a picture so you guys can see but please just don't tell me male or female please give me an explanation. thanks guys!

To my knowledge it is very hard to tell the gender and breeding in captivity is very rare.

Incredibly rare, virtually unheard of. I'm slightly worried about what size tank this BGK is in...let alone what size tank the OP will be putting a pair of them in.

Profile states a 10 gal with 4, 1.5-2.5" fish. Hope it's not !!

So it would be basically akin to when Homer Simpson shoved the dog & the cat into a sack and hoped for the best. Except with less chance of success and certain death :ermm:

So it would be basically akin to when Homer Simpson shoved the dog & the cat into a sack and hoped for the best. Except with less chance of success and certain death :ermm:

lol noooo i upgraded since then and have not updated my profile i now have a 29 gallon and a 20 gallon long. he is in the 20 gallon with a lot of other fush and seems to be doing great so im content. thank you tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

lol noooo i upgraded since then and have not updated my profile i now have a 29 gallon and a 20 gallon long. he is in the 20 gallon with a lot of other fush and seems to be doing great so im content. thank you tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:facepalm:

A fish thAt gets 2 feet will not do well 20g tank. No chance at all of getting it to breed. Take back ASAP. Then research before you buy anymore stock. A quick google search would have told you not to buy the bgkf

Back
Top Bottom